Exclusive design for Local Loop, these gorgeous honeycomb and bee prints! Special introductory price, this set would usually cost £6.
Handmade by Steph’s Sustainable Stuff, wax wraps are a natural alternative to single-use food wrapping such as clingfilm, foil or plastic sandwich bags. These are handmade in Chesterfield using 100% cotton and wax from locally and ethically reared bees. Steph adds pine resin to the wax to improve the adhesive quality.
- 30cm – Will wrap a large block of cheese, cover a medium sized plate or wrap a bread cob
- 20cm – Great for leftover bits of anything and will cover a small bowl or plate.
Reasons to switch to natural wraps:
- They won’t leach nasty chemicals into your food
- The cotton fabric allows the wraps to breathe, keeping your food fresher for longer
- They can be used over and over again so no waste (effective for up to one year or get them re-waxed)
- They are easy to care for – just wash in cold water with a gentle soap
- They are biodegradable – once used to death they can be composted
Steph has sold hundreds of these wraps and this is by far the most popular and practical size for most uses. Simply wrap around your food/plate and the warmth from your hand will help to soften the wax and resin to create a seal